- Am I eligible for the Owen Connolly Bursary?
- To receive the Owen Connolly Bursary, you must be a post-secondary student in your first or second year, who is a resident of Prince Edward Island. Also, you must demonstrate your financial need, your Irish ancestry, and that you intend to continue your membership in the Roman Catholic Church.
- How do I show that I am an Irish ancestor?
- To prove that you are of Irish ancestry, you must provide the name of an ancestor on who was born in Ireland on the 'Irish Ancestry' section of the application. This may include your parents, your grandparents, or your great-grandparents. If you have an Irish ancestor further back than a great-grandparent, please contact the Connolly estate at email@example.com to confirm eligibility.
- How do I show that I am a Roman Catholic?
- To show that you are a member of the Roman Catholic Church, you must provide information about your Baptism and Confirmation on the 'Church Membership' section of the application, as well as a 200-word Personal Testimony about your reasons and intentions for continuing your membership in the Roman Catholic Church.
- How do I demonstrate that I am in financial need?
- To show that you are in financial need, you must provide financial background including yearly income, student loans or line of credit, and any dependents you support. Information about your income will be kept confidential, and should match Line 150 of your annual tax return in case it needs to be verified.